Saturday, August 19, 2006

Why Martial Arts?

I say life goes on because I am finally starting to chill out about myself a little based on changes in my life, but I want to relate a story to you. I know a girl who is a survivor not a victim. The very martial arts that I subscribe to and practice helped a girl sucessfully defend herself and her body from two attackers/would be rapists who HAD A KNIFE TO HER THROAT, AND SHE KNOCKED ONE OF THOSE PIECES OF SCUM OUT! ON THE SIDEWALK OUT COLD; KNOCKED THEM OUT. Her only mistake was that she didn't use the bastards own knife against him which she easily could have done. So life goes on for her and she is a survivor and not a victim, because she remembered to breathe. She said that she felt her heart racing and she started to freak out, but she remembered to breathe, and after that everything slowed down, and then she threw down. She elbowed a guy in the chest hard enough to knock him out and then she started kicking him in the face. I barely know her, but I am so proud of her, and I want all of you to know that that is what martial arts are about. Martial arts are about becoming a good person, and when you see evil occuring you stop it from happening. I will never personally be able to understand this particular type of threat, or how she must have felt when this was happening, because this is a situation that I will probably never be in, but the only thing left to say is God Bless her, and rock on girl.

"The only way for evil men to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home